Saturday, May 31, 2014

Cleansing yourself of the clutter.

You know how some of us collect all our artsy stuff and other stuff even if we don't use it we still collect it.

I'm reading this poem book Always a springtime, by Helen Steiner Rice. Poems of Hope and Renewal.  I took a part of this one poem to heart.

The name of the poem is what I took away from it. "Nothing on earth is forever yours -- Only the love of the Lord endures."

Here's the Poem

Everything in life is passing
    and whatever we possess
Cannot endure forever
   but ends in nothingness.
For there are no safety boxes
   or vaults that can contain
The possessions we collected
   and desire to retain ...
So all that man acquires,
   be it power, fame or jewels,
Is but limited and earthy,
   only "treasure made for fools."
For only in God's Kingdom
  can man find enduring treasure,
Priceless gifts of love and beauty---
  more than mortal man can measure.
And the "riches" he accumulates
   he can keep and part with never,
For only in God's Kingdom
   do our treasures last forever...
So use the word forever
   with sanctity and love,
For nothing is forever
   but the "Love of God above!


So what i took away from this is:  Purge purge purge, cleanse your soul and let the Lord and his love prevail that's is true.

I'm trying to separate myself from all this stuff I have, it's out of control... Crazy.  I have a 4 bedroom house and an attic and I think I'm trying to fill it up.


Three more bags to Charity.  Each month I try to rid myself of this clutter.

1 comment:

Kay Wallace said...

A lovely poem on which to end my Sunday! :-)