Saturday, September 10, 2011

Scrapbook 101

I thought I would share with you this morning the information I was passing out at the fair.


ORGANIZING PHOTOS
Events, Birthday, Holiday, albums dedicated to one person, 1 year, family, friends sports, sunsets, or a category of your choice, i.e. brag books... etc..
They can be chronological.  I have forgotten some of the dates so I just do it by theme and it all works out. :)
Basic supplies for scrapbooking.
Photo Albums - The best ones I’ve found are drop in.  I also enjoy the nice sophisticated ones that already provides the background paper  for you all you have to do is embellish and add your pictures.
Glue - Tape runners are the best make sure you get the Permanent stick, and try not to press down until you have it just where you want it.  I usually lay  out how I want things to look then glue.  
Scissors - (Garden Variety) 
Pencil and paper. -  I always Jot a message down on paper before I write it out.  You can also prepare ahead of time and type out your messages.  Definitely have this with you when you are taking the pictures.  This is really nice when you are ready to journal.
Paper Cutter -  for cutting 12x12 sheets and cropping pictures.  
Punches & Rubber stamps - Corner rounders, bling, stars, any shapes etc... use archival inks and stamp images that coincide with the theme of your album.
Design papers, Stickers, other embellishments all play a part in your scrapbooking fun.
Ideas:
Scrapbooking is an awesome way to get together with friends and family to have some quality time talking about the memories regarding you family history and/or memories accumulated over the years.

No comments: